A loose tooth won’t let your child focus on anything else. Check out these 5 easy steps to remove a loose tooth without pain.
- Keep Wiggling: Wiggle the tooth to loosen it as much as possible before you can easily remove it. You can have your child use their tongue or index finger and thumb to gently wiggle the loose tooth. However, make sure that they do not push the tooth too hard or it may hurt.
- Chew on Hard Food: Have your child chew on hard foods like carrots, pears and apples to make the entire tooth loosening process quick and painless. Although, try having them eat something which is not too crunchy before biting on something a bit crunchier. If this doesn’t work they can bite into an ice pop to help numb the pain before pulling the tooth out.
- Brush and Floss Vigorously: They can also use a toothbrush and floss to help remove a loose tooth without pain. While brushing use an up-and-down motion to rub each side of the loose tooth in order to make it fall out. Whereas, while flossing try to curve the floss around the bottom of the loose tooth. If the tooth is ready, the floss will likely help it fall out.
- Use Medical Gauze: Make use of medical gauze to grip and remove a loose tooth in an easy and sterile process. If you think that the tooth isn’t loose enough to come out without pain, then have your child wiggle it a bit while holding it with the piece of gauze and soon it will be ready to come out pain-free.
- Visit Your Dentist: Lastly, if you can’t remove the loose tooth without causing pain, it’s better to consult your local dentist Urbandale, Iowa. They will not only pull out the tooth painlessly for your child, but will also help in relieving any pain that they have after the tooth has been removed.